2017 Awards Honors & Honorees
1) Rising Stars: Children Recognized for Extraordinary Achievements
a. Ms. Nyla Marie Ragland, 11yrs. old (photo) Gymnast. Started training at the age of 5 at the Henrietta Recreational Center, 2014 she was an Official USA Gymnast. Has won 52 medals of Gold, Silver, Bronze and countless Blue Ribbons.
b. Mr. Geoffery Rogers, 14 yrs. old (photo), is the “Youngest News Reporter in Rochester” – according to his business card and social media. He has gained attention by reporting hard news and prefers to report on crime. His goal is to make his community safer.
- ROC Awards Honors: Special Recognition
- Glen Jeter(photo)
- Rubie Lockhart & Gene Lockhart (photo)
- Humanitarian Award: Constance M. Mitchell (photo) – Civil Rights Activists and the first African American to be elected to the Rochester City Council.
a. Constance Mitchell-Jefferson (daughter of Constance M. Mitchell, accepted the award for her mother)
- Life Time Achievement Award: David F. Gantt, Assemblyman
a. Glen Gamble, County Legislator (photo), accepted the award for David Gantt
- The Cab Calloway Vanguard Award for Humanities and Entertainment: Yolanda Smilez (photo) (recognizes an
individual in the entertainment industry who unselfishly gives their time, energy and talents to better the community.)
|2017 Winners From Nomination Categories|
i. Angel White/The Muse
ii. The Kickback
iii. The Goddess Hour